Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Communication Breakdown: Reloaded(Airtel and TNM bundled)

So, I bought a tnm data bundle to use on my Nokia Booklet 3G. My plan is to put my tnm simcard on the booklet and my airtel simcard to remain on my HTC Legend. Not that TNM tariffs are any better, for Airtel's tariffs aren't good either and there isn't any good one yet. I have tried Access, they are not yet in Mzimba. And for MTL, I need a land line. I am wondering how easy will that be to get.

So, I bought me a TNM data bundle and I was not able to use it. I used the remaining units after activating the bundle but not the bundle itself. If I put the simcard on my HTC, I was able to use the bundle. Instead of just wasting the data bundle which I had bought to use on my Booklet, I decided to tether it through my HTC. But then, I can do that with any Netbook. So it will be useless for TNM to expect me to connect to the internet the complicated way. They might just as well make my use easier and user friendly. I am at least a computer engineer I can find my way around. But what about the ordinary user who is the majority of their customers? They would rather go for an easier choice that have to struggle with configurations, and call center that doesn't understand or attend to what I really want and on top of that, cuts me off before helping me get my problem resolved. Airtel isn't much different, so yeah, a bunch frustrating service providers who don't seem to listen to what their customers want? Spend the millions you spend on migolomigolo or pokopoko and the rest  of them on giving me a real good service. I will be happy and I am sure you will get all the profit you want.
If you don't have expertise to fix your problems, I would be more than happy to pocket one of your 3 million Kwachas fixing your problems that make your customers unhappy to use your service and give you the required profit than give them away freely on my blog.

I just topped up with a K100 to activate my Airtel daily which costs K80 and I get a response of insufficient funds. I could blow that on phone calls but that's a 3 minutes talk which really like a drop of water on a thirsty tongue in a desert. I used to speak more than this long before Airtel. To think of the 56% slash, I don't remember it being effected. If people have not been complaining, they were being really rewarded for the airtime they have bought activating the data or voice bundles. And now the rewardz service, has been down and under maintenance for more than one whole month.

I think you guys are really taking us for granted.