Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Wisdom: The Beginnings

Solomon says in the proverbs: The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

The book of proverbs seems dedicated to putting boundaries of what wisdom is and what is not. And to put the boundaries what foolishness is and what it is not. It has also put the advantages of wisdom and disadvantages of foolishness.

It is too teach the foolish mind what wisdom is so that they can leave their foolishness and leave wisely.

When I was young, knowing I cannot comprehend in detail every proverb, I read through the proverbs like a novel and finished it in one day, I resolved to keep what I had read in this way without worry and try to follow any proverb I could remember when faced with a situation. If I need to understand in detail, I had always a small Gideon bible in my pocket to refer to.

I similarly read through the book of psalms to learn how David prayed for it is always difficult to pray. From I all that I could remember, from it, I made known my requests to God and went on in my life.

The stories of the bible characters is interesting, I read them all like s novel from the beginning to the end. When faced with a familiar problem, I could always go back and refer to the particular character that faced the same problem.

So in that way, I have lived this far. The principles of the word of God have greatly guided my path.

I chose a motto inspired by the Phwezi motto which says, accept the challenge, God will guide. My motto was, Fear God, Shun Evil. It's a proverb.

It takes faith always, to step out on nothing and believe that something is there.

The motto, Accept the challenge, God will guide inspires faith to the students.

My motto was Fear God and Shun evil.

And it is said, the fear of the Lord is the Beginning of Wisdom.

The little that a man who fears God can do, is many times better than that done by a man who doesn't. History is there to give testimony.

Yours truly,

Kondwani C. Hara.