Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Criticism: Whats the Best Way?

The problem I have is a generalized statement without basis. This is what I look at. It attracts me so much. I tend to look it the other way round I see a lot of things that probably might not have been seen. In my thesis my professor might have wanted me to do something simple but there were many statements in the abstract that i was given the made me want to find out more about them. In the end, I ended up proving the conjecture wrong. In addition it made start looking at all things "trivial". It now becomes a problem as I seem to criticise for the sake of criticism.
The generalised statement seemed to be the basis of most of all research concerning the security of the McEliece cryptosystem. That is a code is unlike this then it is secure. What if in one way or another all codes are unlike this statement? Then in the end all codes are insecure. But maybe there is more to security than just looking at this statement and feeling secure. Maybe security is not even affected by this statement at all. Or we might look at degree of security.
Suppose we might have been doing this:looking at specialties of degree of security then with the generalised statement superposed it distorts and changes the direction of a raw cryptographer like me for I might be told this is all there is and I follow that. I will build on that; others will come and will build on that; depending on my level of qualification and popularity it will be difficult for a lay student, even at degree level, who has better truth than what I have built on despite my qualification, to get his truth accepted.
I am attractive to general statement without basis. I ask for basis of the statements. Suppose I bash bash bash and give solution does it help? All these other people have also bashed and given their solutions. I noticed that when I just bashed. People were moving in the right direction finding even better solution than I had thought of. The moment I suggested a solution it all went wrong. Should I bash and give solutions? Should I bash highlighting all the problems there and and live it to the bashed to find solutions? Help me God. For if even criticism does not solve problems show me a way.